Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Character Files: 001-002-003

Lisa Lynway - Brunie Etienne - Coimbra Trooper


This trio is part of the "Support" Characters grouping in my Quarters.

001: Lisa Lynway - Xenia

The very first character in the Barracks is Lisa, who is one of the debuffers.  I never really got to use her very much, first, because I'm not (even to this day) very good at using melee, and second, didn't even know she is typically used as a debuffer until I started going to Temple of Chaos raids with a big clan.  (I usually end up taking the Whole Cancellation role, so I never get to debuff.)

The costume featured here is the Belly Dancer set.  So much detailed put into it, the shiny chains and the see through cloth!

Why did I name her Xenia?  I have no idea, she just looked like a Xenia to me.  Maybe I thought she was so Amazonian and wanted to name her after Xena: Warrior Princess or something.  ^^;

002: Brunie Etienne - Tania

Here is another debuffer I didn't know about until later.  I totally loved to use her for general DPS anyway, because she was so OP with Outrage (this was back in the old days before Wanted came out).  She was one of the original "core" group of characters I played with (I developed an obsession for musketeer types).  I used to make up stories that Benecio, the Male Elementalist, had a crush on her, but she was too good for him.  (More on Ben in a later Character File!)  Although she's an explorer, she's still an elegant lady in my mind - not prissy, but still has good manners.  She went to Musketeer Academy and is like a senpai to Katia and Etienne (my Female and Male Musketeers, respectively - more on them later too!).

Here she is wearing the Angelica costume set.  The coloring doesn't quite fit her, but I like that there's a hat to go with it.  ;)

Tania...  It's been so long, she was one of the earlier ones I recruited.  I really don't remember where I came up with that name.  :x

003: Coimbra Trooper - Borus

Before Sirius came along, the Coimbra Trooper was better for tanking than a Stock Figher.  Still, I don't tank.  Not to say that I don't, it's just rare that I do.  *cough*gets stuck with WC role*cough*  Trooper always came off as the quiet type, I always thought of him as being Kakashi from Naruto because he hides behind his turtleneck.  Who knows, perhaps he's quite handsome and if he didn't hide half his face, all the girls would chase after him and he wouldn't be able to perform his duties - being chased by girls instead of chasing bad guys.  Word of advice: Don't place him next to Adelina/Adelina the Pirate, since he's the model for Bardi (Tora's dad), you might find yourself short one character and have to submit a Missing Characters file!  (She will slaughter him!  But maybe Tora will avenge him...)

The Coimbra Trooper only has one costume and it's simply called Coimbra Trooper Costume (how lame).  I like the red color.  He's still not showing his face though!

Borus is the only character that I had a friend select a name.  ^^  Borus is friends with my friend's Trooper.  Both are named after characters from a video game called Suikoden.

4 comments:

  1. Yaas finally I get to read about the characters and your thoughts on them from a different point of view rather than the usual comparison between character usability. It's very interesting and I am looking forward to reading the backgrounds of your other toons.
    Must be nostalgic for you to write these things eh? :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Actually! I was inspired by you to do this after reading your writing!!! Although yours is truly new characters, mine is based on characters someone created, so maybe my writing can only be considered fan fiction. ; . ; But this is all thanks to you because you wrote about your Dullie!Letto that I felt like writing about my characters in the world of Granado Espada! :D

      Delete
    2. It's still good & enjoyable! I used to write lengthy backgrounds for my GE characters too... Even gave them their own designs and what not. It was fun stuff. :)

      Delete
  2. My goal is to write once a day for trio by trio. But thinking about it now... 141 characters... o_o;;; I don't play with each and every one of them, not every single one of them is going to have a story... D: At best you'll see me yap about their costumes and how I picked their names, which I guess could be a story in and of itself! ^^;;;

    ReplyDelete