Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Character Files: 004-005-006

Lionel von Hanen - Emilia Giannino - Emilia the Sage


This trio is part of the "Support" Characters grouping in my Quarters.

004: Lionel von Hanen - Laurent

By some counts, Lionel shouldn't be under the "Support" group and should be further back in the Quarters with the Viron group, but he isn't part of the "new" Viron characters after we transfered to T3Fun.  I figured I could relocate him wherever the hell I wanted.  Besides, later his Mark became a debuff.  It was just easy to have him in the front Quarters when my darling Muskies retired (poor babies, I still love them!).  His recruitment quest screwed me over by 70 million vis, because I couldn't get the quest drop in Floors 7 and 8 of Clock Tower.  This was back when we had to pay one Elemental Jewel to enter.  The squads kept messing up when to stop attacking in order for the other squad to get the drop.

Back in the old days, I would take him to Faction Fight and do my sweep* on Diablo, Hell Breaker, and Sharffenberger for my Level 100 Chippies!  (*A sweep is like at the Olympics when a sole country takes the gold, silver, and bronze medals.  I use this term to mean I took down all three bosses.)  Of course this was when the OP players no longer cared about measly Level 100 Chips, but I was still mid-level and still had other mid-level players to compete with!  Yes, it sounds so noob now, but I was really proud of myself when I could ninja all three of them in six minutes (used to time myself how fast I could finish).  XD

Not to mention this was when Laurent was still on Outrage and he went with Claudia (Hellena) and Anastasia (Emilia).  Things got even easier when we got Punisher Stance Book from the GamersFirst Alphabet Event.  muahahaha!  Even to this day, I drag him to the majority of my hunting.  Generally he is teamed with Maximilian (Veil), but sometimes Max gets sent to the dunce corner/dog house (when he's being a naughty boy, which is more often than not) and another character fills the spot.  Being around Max leaves Laurent exhausted by the end of the day (Max is flamboyant).

Here Laurent is in his Indigo 9 clothing.  It makes him look too skinny and too young, but I prefer this to the white haired chubby Paddington Bear purple raincoat look.  I think Ludin was such a handful when she was born, that she turned his hair white.  She scorched it by accident when throwing her very first fireball and now his hair roots permanently grows white hair.  I had to convince him to wear a wig.

Lawrence of Arabia must have been playing on the old movies channel when I was deciding a name for my Lio.  I guess I converted it to Laurent.  But it might have been I was looking for a male name starting with "L" and one of the characters from Twilight Saga just happened to be named Laurent.  I guess we'll never know what was the real reason.  Sometimes I goof up and call him Laurant.  He's very forgiving though!  "An easy mistake," he says.

005: Emilia Giannino - Anastasia

I had been using my Female Scout for the longest time for buffing.  Meanwhile, everyone was all, "Why aren't you using Emi?!?!"  I really hated following along with the latest fad like a herd of lemmings.  People were all gaga over Romina/Flintmina, blah, blah, blah...  (Honestly, to this day, I still don't understand what the fuss was with Romina.)  But I actually became a total convert.  I can't imagine how people cope without being able to buff and use Protection Field, hence saving one character spot (rather than going Scout and Wizard).  Ana was taken everywhere and was part of the WC team with the Wizards.

Here she is in the Primavella costume, I think it came out as a promo around the time I started playing.  It's a little prissy because it's pink (I'm not much of a fan of pink), but it looks well on her.

She just looks like an Anastasia...  Princess Anastasia

006: Emilia the Sage - Stella

The promo cash characters came out before my time, it wasn't until GamersFirst did the Alphabet Event (I got a lot of goodies out of this event and all my characters reached expert level as a result of farming Alphabet Boxes).  Stella is actually the daytime alter ego of Felicia (Reckless Emilia).  They have this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on...  When she's not being Reckless, she helps Anastasia run "Emilia's Institute", where they train Wizards who want to learn how to use Whole Cancellation.  Casandria and Mercurcio (Female and Male Wizards) attend their Institute (their Character File is up next).

The Le Reve Bleu costume is featured here, new in the T3Fun era.

Emilia the Sage is usually called ETS for short, so I wanted to pick a name for her that started as Ets, but ended up flipping it to become Ste and Stella was the closest in letters!  (My old Promo Characters follow this naming convention.  The females usually have names ending in "-ia".)

No comments:

Post a Comment